
It was 12 years ago today that Steve left this life. I thought it would be appropriate to post the poem I wrote and read at his funeral. I sure miss him.
I Lived My Life for You
Watch out world here I come prepare yourself for a change.
I’m coming there to make a mark and have people’s lives to arrange.
Don’t worry about me I’m strong and tough and I will do just fine,
It’s my friends and family I need to worry about and then me if there is time.
What do you mean my time will be short, I have too much to do.
I better get busy and never slow down but to stop and enjoy the view.
My life will be a struggle and at times too much to bare,
That’s why I need to keep on moving, I don’t have time to pull up a chair.
What’s that you say, you need to talk, you have a troubled heart?
Well just sit right there let me grab that chair and I promise I’ll do my part.
Time is too precious to squander away by not living for the day,
I have too much to do here and my time is slipping away.
I am not certain when I will go, but know this for sure,
the people that I get to know will be better than they were.
See I was blessed with a special talent that God wanted me to share,
And with this talent he gave me a heart to make sure that I would care.
I can talk to a total stranger for a minute and become old friends in an instant,
That heart of mine will weather much but God made it rust resistant.
I have too much to do today I must be going now,
But by the way if you need any help I will find a way somehow.
Ain’t life just too much fun to sit and be a spectator?
I am going to be a participant just call me your rejuvenator.
What’s that, you want to be a part of this life I was given?
Let me open the giant door to my heart that’s all it will take, get in.
My time is up I must be going now, OOPS I didn’t leave time for me,
My family’s all right my friends are great and that’s the way it should be.
God gave me a talent and a heart to match and I used them the best I could.
But just remember when you are down and need a friend, think of me, I wish you would.
Watch out world here I come prepare yourself for a change.
I’m coming there to make a mark and have people’s lives to arrange.
Don’t worry about me I’m strong and tough and I will do just fine,
It’s my friends and family I need to worry about and then me if there is time.
What do you mean my time will be short, I have too much to do.
I better get busy and never slow down but to stop and enjoy the view.
My life will be a struggle and at times too much to bare,
That’s why I need to keep on moving, I don’t have time to pull up a chair.
What’s that you say, you need to talk, you have a troubled heart?
Well just sit right there let me grab that chair and I promise I’ll do my part.
Time is too precious to squander away by not living for the day,
I have too much to do here and my time is slipping away.
I am not certain when I will go, but know this for sure,
the people that I get to know will be better than they were.
See I was blessed with a special talent that God wanted me to share,
And with this talent he gave me a heart to make sure that I would care.
I can talk to a total stranger for a minute and become old friends in an instant,
That heart of mine will weather much but God made it rust resistant.
I have too much to do today I must be going now,
But by the way if you need any help I will find a way somehow.
Ain’t life just too much fun to sit and be a spectator?
I am going to be a participant just call me your rejuvenator.
What’s that, you want to be a part of this life I was given?
Let me open the giant door to my heart that’s all it will take, get in.
My time is up I must be going now, OOPS I didn’t leave time for me,
My family’s all right my friends are great and that’s the way it should be.
God gave me a talent and a heart to match and I used them the best I could.
But just remember when you are down and need a friend, think of me, I wish you would.
God Bless




2 comments:
it's like looking at an old picture of you-handsome and ready to help anyone who needs it. that is a beautiful poem and could easily be read about you and your sweet family. Glad you had his influence in your life even for a short time.
hope your summer is going well-tell nat and the kids hi from us.
karli
Thanks for making me cry you jerk. I was fine and then I read that and thought about the chatting we did on Sunday. Sure do miss him.
Post a Comment