Friday, May 30, 2008
I have a What?
So, have you ever been told something and your gut response is a high pitched 'WHAT?' I just experienced this. As many of you know, I have been in a little pain for the past, oh, 5 days. I went in to see my doctor yesterday and told him my problems and he was able to look at the results to the blood work. Everything looked good and he listend to my lungs and tapped my stomach and said that what I have been experiencing points towards kidney stones. He ordered a CT scan so he could see how large and how many. Well, I had my CT scan today and waited for the results. The phone call came and I expected to hear that a stone the size of Jupiter is lodged in my right kidney and they would be needing to use some voodoo ninja medicine procedure to get it out. This was not the case. "We got the results from your CT scan and you don't have kidney stones." Really, I said, what do I have then. "Well, you have pneumonia." WHAT? Then Why does my kidney hurt? "The pneumonia is in your lower right lobe which is just above your kidney." So, here are my mixed emotions. One, I am happy to report that I do not have to go through child birth. Two, I now know the cause of my pain. Three, boy do I feel stupid for getting all this sympathy from others who have actually experienced kidney stones. I apologize for the blasphemy. I know I tread on sacred ground. Where was I, oh yes, and four the CT scan was pretty cool. I got to see pictures of my insides. So, there you have it. I will now be taking antibiotics for the next 5 days and that should do it. Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts and concern and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment