So, I am on day three of passing kidney stones. It is like nothing I have experienced before, but, you know what, I don't wish it on anyone. Those who have experienced it know what I am talking about. I passed one yesterday and thought that would be it, but I still felt a dull pain in my kidney and knew I was in for more. Please allow me to let you in on the journey of a stone. First, imagine that someone came up behind you with and knife and stuck you in the kidney area. Now, instead of taking the knife out, they left it there and there is nothing you can do about it. Now try to experience the same pain traveling from said kidney until it passes and you feel it every painful cm along the way. It is quite exhilarating, NOT!!!
I am in an Indiana Jones mood at the moment and I feel like the current stone is the size of the boulder Indy had to run from. I included a picture to give you a visual. The second picture is of an actual stone created by a calcium deposit. Looks pretty
menacing to me. I hope to have realized Nephi's promise by the end of the day today. That would be a good thing.
I am in an Indiana Jones mood at the moment and I feel like the current stone is the size of the boulder Indy had to run from. I included a picture to give you a visual. The second picture is of an actual stone created by a calcium deposit. Looks pretty
menacing to me. I hope to have realized Nephi's promise by the end of the day today. That would be a good thing. 



2 comments:
Yikes! Good luck, Sean. My dad had a few rounds of kidney stones to deal with throughout the years, and Jen found out she has kidney stones waiting to show their lovely faces whenever they decide to grace the world with their presence -- I might be joining your ranks in the future. I will say that I sincerely hope not, and that you're in our prayers!! By the way, I loved the title. Very clever.
The difference is that Indy's stone was round and fit nicely on the track it was to run on. A kidney stone is like forcing a square peg in a round hole. Nice!
Post a Comment